BLADE OF DARKNESS (Immortal Guardians #7) by Dianne Duvall
Publication Date: September 19, 2017
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Return to the “utterly addictive” (RT Book Reviews) world of New York Times bestselling author Dianne Duvall’s Immortal Guardians.
Dana Pembroke has been able to glimpse the future of those she touches for as long as she can remember. But she never saw Aidan coming. When the tall, dark Celt with the charming grin yet world-weary eyes walks through her door, the future she sees for him is one full of violence, danger, deception… and passion. Because amidst the terrifying battles that unfold in her visions, she also sees herself in Aidan’s arms and in his bed. Dana knows she should keep her distance, but the tender moments and laughter they share entice her even as she finds herself thrust into a world of vampires, immortals, and other preternatural beings.
Immortal Guardian Aidan O’Byrne has been hunting and slaying psychotic vampires for nearly three thousand years, so visions of bloody battles don’t trouble him. The battles Dana foresees, however, show Aidan’s brethren turning against him, so he can’t help but feel alarmed. While he spends as much time as he can with Dana, struggling to decipher her dire predictions, Aidan finds himself utterly smitten. Hope rises that he has finally found a woman who can banish the darkness and loneliness that plague him. But when vampires begin targeting Dana and a powerful enemy spawns chaos, will fate grant them time to find happiness together?
✦Immortal Guardians Series by Dianne Duvall✦
✦Amazon Series Link: http://amzn.to/28QKVKn
Darkness Dawns – Book 1 http://amzn.to/1LJRHQc
Night Reigns – Book 2 http://amzn.to/1LSOGjl
Phantom Shadows – Book 3 http://amzn.to/1LSOK2y
In Still Darkness (novella) – Book 3.5 http://amzn.to/1LSOQr5
Darkness Rises – Book 4 http://amzn.to/1LSOMaK
Night Unbound – Book 5 http://amzn.to/1HixrF3 | Review http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-1xe
Phantom Embrace – Book 5.5 (Novella) http://amzn.to/290Dgdi
Shadows Strike – Book 6 http://amzn.to/1EOMuBv | Review http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-2Xn
Top 5 Reasons I Write Paranormal Romance
Hello! Thank you for joining me. I’m very happy to be here at Reading in Pajamas, celebrating the release of BLADE OF DARKNESS, the seventh book in my Immortal Guardians series. If you’re new to the series, don’t worry. Each book can be read as a stand-alone novel. You’ll just know more about the secondary characters if you read the books in order. So if you like a lot of action, passion and humor in your paranormal romance, I hope you’ll give the series a try.
One of the questions I’m often asked is why I write paranormal romance. Even when I launched a new historical and time travel romance series—The Gifted Ones—a couple of years ago, I wove paranormal romance into the stories. I just couldn’t help myself. I write paranormal romance for the same reasons it is my favorite genre to read. Here are the top five:
- I can’t resist the ultra powerful heroes—those strong, confident males who not only possess fascinating preternatural gifts and kick ass, but also admire strong women. Intelligent, protective, these heroes are also honorable and courageous and will do whatever they have to in order to keep their loved ones safe and prevent the heroines from coming to harm. These males can utterly terrify their enemies one moment, then turn around and laugh and tease and indulge in passionate and affectionate moments with the women they love in the next.
- I love strong heroines, women who face all challenges head-on and kick ass like the heroes they love. While paranormal romance is my favorite book genre, horror is my favorite movie genre. I know that some horror movies have finally caught up with the times. But before they did, I admit I grew tired of female protagonists who would trip over their own feet, then just lie there, whimpering or screaming, as the villain slowly approached. Paranormal romance heroines don’t do that. Instead of waiting for someone to come to their rescue, heroines in paranormal romance novels are more likely to take matters into their own hands. And not just immortal heroines. Mortal heroines who have unexpectedly been thrust into a sometimes-frightening new preternatural world become fierce fighters, too. They may even be so bold as to slay the villain with his own weapon. Like the heroes, they will do whatever they have to in order to survive and to protect those they love.
- I’m addicted to adrenaline-inducing action scenes, the kind that leave you clinging to the edge of your seat and keep you flipping pages late into the night—even when you have to get up early the next morning—because you just HAVE to see what happens next. The villains and adversaries found in paranormal romances can take action scenes to a whole new level, as can the amazing gifts the heroes and/or heroines wield. I can’t get enough of them.
- I like escaping into an alternate reality. Let’s face it, life can be stressful. So getting away from the real world and diving into a paranormal one for a time can be like taking a mini-vacation. My Immortal Guardians aren’t just fierce warriors. They also laugh and tease and engage in playful banter with the women they love. They razz each other, too, and sometimes say the most outrageous things. Exploring a world in which immortals, vampires, gifted ones and other paranormal beings thrive and wage fantastical wars and make you laugh at the same time can be a wonderful diversion.
- I adore a good romance. And paranormals can produce some outstanding ones. The stakes are often high, the consequences dire. Sometimes the heroes and heroines are both preternatural creatures. Sometimes one is preternatural and the other is a mortal who has unexpectedly been thrust into a paranormal world and finds herself falling in love with someone the rest of humanity would consider a monster. The latter, I admit, are my favorites. I just love seeing how people who have been taken out of their comfort zone adapt to new knowledge and circumstances and find love with an unlikely companion. They will defy all odds to be with each other . . . and melt my heart every time.
What about you? What do you like about paranormal romance?
1 – $50 Amazon Gift Card
1 – $25 Amazon Gift Card
1 – Immortal Guardians Prize Pack
Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians paranormal romance series and The Gifted Ones series. Her books have twice been nominated for the RT Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Vampire Romance and are routinely deemed Top Picks by RT Book Reviews, The Romance Reviews, and/or Night Owl Reviews. Reviewers have called Dianne’s books “utterly addictive” (RT Book Reviews), “fast-paced and humorous” (Publishers Weekly), “extraordinary” (Long and Short Reviews), and “wonderfully imaginative” (The Romance Reviews).
Dianne loves all things creative. When she isn’t writing, Dianne is active in the independent film industry and has even appeared on-screen, crawling out of a moonlit grave and wielding a machete like some of the vampires she has created in her books.For the latest news on upcoming releases, contests, and more, please visit http://www.DianneDuvall.com. You can also find Dianne online.