Flash of Fury (Endgame Ops, #1) by Lea Griffith
Publication Date: March 7, 2017
Their spark is immediate
Kingston McNally lost men when someone betrayed his team, and now he’s out for retribution. His quest for the enemy’s courier leads him to Cameroon and Allie Redding, a petite Peace Corps volunteer as stubborn as she is brave. Their attraction is immediate, but Allie has secrets of her own…and she’s not giving them up easily.
But their secrets could burn them both
Allie’s life has been spent hiding in plain sight, but she’s had enough of her cloak-and-dagger existence. On her way home, her plane is hijacked—and King saves her life. But that doesn’t mean she owes him anything…even if he is the most damnably sexy man she’s ever laid eyes on. He’s got black ops and secrets written all over him, and trust is a two-way street.
Favorite Action Movie Heroes
First of all, let me say thank you so much to Cori, Donna, and Bonnie Puppy for letting me hang out today. I am in my pajamas as I pen this guest post and I’m loving every minute of it. It’s my first visit (and I definitely hope not my last) to Reading in Pajamas and I’m talking about my Favorite Action Movie Heroes. If I could spice that title up any I’d add Sexy in between Favorite and Action. So in an effort to bring the heat allow me to give you my top five Favorite Sexy Action Movie Heroes. Let’s do this.
5. Bruce Willis – Tears of the Sun, 2003. “A special ops commander leads his team into the Nigerian jungle in order to rescue a doctor who will only join them if they agree to save seventy refugees too.”(IMDb) Now let’s be honest, Bruce Willis pretty much has it all going on in this movie—sexy bald head (which not everyone can work quite like Bruce can), sexy brooding scowl, sexy permanent five o’clock shadow, loyalty to his men, team, and mission, AND he can wear cammo like nobody’s business. He’s also got this big, smooshy heart under the tough exterior which pretty much sets up everything awesome for this list.
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger – Commando, 1985. “A retired elite Black Ops Commando launches a one man war against a group of South American criminals who have kidnapped his daughter.” (IMDb) “GET TO THE CHOPPER!” Come on, you knew I was going there. Big guns, bigger muscles, every world growled in that deliciously hot gruff voice, AND he can wear cammo like nobody’s business. He’s going after his kid all Katy-Bar-the-Door and if that ain’t sexy, well folks, I don’t know what it. Again, pretty much everything awesome for this list.
3. Matt Damon – Every Bourne movie forever, infinity. Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum, Legacy—please Universal, never stop making these movies. Matt Damon has it all—wicked intelligence, black ops training I cannot even fathom (and I write this stuff folks), crazy self-defense moves, AND he can wear whatever he wants like nobody’s business. He’s hotness in every frame of every movie but what really sells me on Jason Bourne’s character is that he fell in love. And even though he lost her, he never forgets her. Did I mention he’s hotness? Yeah. Can I get another “everything awesome for this list”? Thought so.
2. Tom Hardy – Mad Max: Fury Road, 2015. I can’t even list IMDb’s description for this movie. I say “Tom Hardy” and I’m all in a tizzy. Sexy brooding scowl (even better than Bruce’s), sexy dirty face for most of the film, he holds a gun LIKE A BEAST, he kills the baddies like it’s second nature, AND he wears everything and nothing like nobody’s business. He also saves women in this film—literally almost gives his life for them and…le sigh. Nothing better in a hero than a one willing to give it all up for a woman. He makes my lady parts stand up and shout, “SAVE ME!” I’m weak in the face of Tom Freaking Hardy’s awesomeness.
1. Bruce Lee – Enter the Dragon, 1973. “A martial artist agrees to spy on a reclusive crime lord using his invitation to a tournament there as a cover.” (IMDb) Two words: BRUCE LEE. Okay, I’ve got more words: martial arts, BRUCE LEE, washboard abs, nunchukas, BRUCE LEE, an honorable reason for fighting, AND he wears a gi like nobody’s business. This movie was my introduction to truly badass heroes who don’t stop, never give up, and are willing to sacrifice everything for the cause.
I could go on an on. You didn’t mention James Bond (though really there are too many Favorite Sexy Action Heroes in that series alone to mention in this post), Jack Reacher, John Wick, La Femme Nikita, The Dirty Dozen, Taken, the list could go on and on couldn’t it? But you only asked for five so there’s my list.
There is one more I could add—King McNally from Flash of Fury, book 1 of my Endgame Ops series. Where would he rank you ask? Well King is the complete package. Take all of my 1-5 picks and combine them into one ultimate spec ops alpha male and you get Kingston McNally, team leader of Endgame Ops. But I’m going to let you read Flash of Fury because I don’t want to ruin just how awesome King really is. The only thing that makes him even better is Allie Redding.
But that’s their story to tell.
Thanks for letting me share with you. I’d love to know who your top five Favorite Sexy Action Movie heroes are. I dare you to leave them in the comments!
Holler at y’all later!
ENTER ON FACEBOOK HERE
Lea Griffith has been reading romance novels since a young age. She cut her teeth on the greats: McNaught, Woodiwiss, and Garwood. She still consumes every romance book she can put her hands on, and now she writes her own compelling romantic suspense. Lea lives with her husband and three teenage daughters in rural Georgia.