Check out our post about Night Play in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Re-Reads Program. There are some discussion questions and fun stuff about the book. Just go to the link and comment to start talking with other readers about the series. Answer discussion question, add your favorite quote or favorite scene in the book. We are going to give away a copy of any of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s backlist or a pre-order copy of an upcoming release (to be awarded on release day) to a random person who participates and teh comments on this blog post or the Facebook post to tell me they commented on the Night Play Re-Reads post.
✦Join #KenyonReReads Here ► http://t.co/FAwVdUPMg5
A random participant will be selected to win a Sherrilyn Kenyon book. Winner will be selected 3/27.
★★★TO ENTER GIVEAWAY★★★
1. Participate by commenting on #KenyonReReads “Night Play” Here ► http://t.co/FAwVdUPMg5
2. Tell me you participated by commenting at either of these 2 places:
BLOG post here ►http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-2cQ OR
Facebook post here ► http://on.fb.me/195RveV
PRIZE: Any book in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s backlist or a pre-order copy (EBOOK will be gifted on release day or hardback will be pre-ordered to be delivered on release day)
OUR FAVORITE QUOTES
“Bride had been the most beautiful woman Vane had ever seen.
She still was.
Her long auburn hair was pulled up into a messy bun on top of her head that left curls of it to caress her porcelain face. She wore a long, black dress that flowed around her body as she jerked a vacuum cleaner across the carpet.
Every animal instinct in his body roared to life as he saw her again. The feeling was primal. Demanding.
And it wouldn’t listen to reason.
Against his will, he found himself headed toward her. It wasn’t until he had opened the burgundy door that he realized she was crying.
Fierce anger tore through him. It was bad enough that his life sucked, the last thing he wanted was to see someone like her cry.”
“Then why are you being so nice to me?”
He cocked his head as if puzzled by her question. “Do I need a reason?”
Vane was completely baffled. Humans needed a reason to be nice to each other? No wonder his kind avoided them.
“I don’t know what to say,” he admitted. “I didn’t know there were rules for giving gifts or for trying to make someone feel better. You looked so sad as I walked by that I only wanted to make you smile.”
“Bride had never taken a step on the wild side. Fear and responsibility had ruled her life from the moment of her birth.
Yet here she sat, holding a complete stranger in her arms. A gorgeous stranger who had been kinder to her than anyone else.
And she wanted to taste him. To know just once what it was like to actually kiss a man who looked like this.”
“He growled at her. Bride shifted nervously at the sound that wasn’t quite human.
“Look, Bride,” he said, his voice deep and resonant. “I’m going to be honest with you. I don’t know what I’m doing tonight, okay? I’ve never had a date before and I was told that women liked to be taken out someplace nice to eat. Grace and Amanda said that I should be myself and not try to impress you. So here we are at my favorite restaurant, but if you don’t like it here, we can go someplace else and eat something you want.”
“Most of all, I like the fact that you share yourself with me. That I don’t have to prove my strength to you. I don’t have to hurt or be hurt to lie with you.”
There was a note in his voice that told her just how important that was to him.
What an odd thing to say to a woman.”
“Fury leaped up to put his paws against her breasts and lick her face.
“Yo, down,” Vane snapped, forcing the wolf back. “There’ll be none of that.”
“I don’t mind,” Bride said charitably.
Fury wagged his tail and smiled wickedly, then tried to look up Bride’s dress.
Vane caught him quickly by the neck. “Stop!” he snarled mentally to Fury. “Or I’ll rip your head off.”
Bride frowned at them. “Don’t you like my wolf?”
“Yeah,” Vane said, patting him roughly on the head. “He’s my new best friend.”
“I’m your only friend, dickhead.”
Vane balled his fist in the wolf’s fur as a warning to him. “You know you have to be firm with wolves. Let them know who the alpha is.”
“I’m human,” he said in a tormented tone. “And I’m not.” He dropped his hand to her shoulder. “I never knew softness,” he breathed. “Not until the moment you touched me in your store. My life is violent and dangerous. It’s dark and twisted and no place for someone like you. I have more people wanting me dead than I can count. They will stop at nothing, and you . . .” He ground his teeth before he spoke again. “You’ll never want again for anything in your life. I swear it on what little bit of human soul I have left.”
“Since when am I family?”
“Since the minute we were born and since the second you came to me to warn me about Stefan.” Vane held his hand out to him. “I don’t need an oath to be bound to you, little brother. We’re family.”
Fury hesitated, then placed his hand in Vane’s. Vane pulled him forward and hugged him.
Bride’s throat tightened at the look of pain on Fury’s face. It was obvious he had never expected Vane’s reaction or his acceptance.
“I won’t betray you, Fury,” Vane said. “Ever. And if Fang ever comes out, he won’t either.”
Fury stepped back and nodded.”
“He knelt on the floor before her, took her hand in his and kissed her palm. Oh, he was so tender with her. So kind. She curled her fingers against his warm, whiskered cheek.
How could she leave a man like this?”
He’s not human.”
“A man decked out in black leather and chains with long red and black hair and a dagger earring in his left ear definitely didn’t look like someone who should relish caring for an infant. And yet there he sat in the frilly pink room peacefully cradling the baby. Ash ought to look completely out of place and yet he seemed at home here.”
“Do you believe in eternal love, Vane?”
He nodded. “When you live for hundreds of years, you see all kinds of things.”
“How does someone know the difference between that and infatuation?”
He sat up between her legs, then pulled her into his lap to cuddle. “I don’t think there is a difference. I think infatuation is like a garden. If tended and cared for, it grows into love. If neglected or abused it dies. The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it’s like to live without it.”
“I guess if I have to choose between a human and an animal, I’m going with the animal. So be warned, Bryani. If you ever threaten Vane or his brothers again, I’m going to show you just how human I am. I will don my camouflage, hunt you down, and skin you while you scream. Do you understand me?”
✿DARK-HUNTER SERIES BY SHERRILYN KENYON✿
1. FANTASY LOVER ~ http://amzn.to/16ISJHM
2. DRAGONSWAN – Found inside the Other Worlds http://amzn.to/16ujtjq
3. NIGHT PLEASURES ~ http://amzn.to/12BAjbk
4. NIGHT EMBRACE ~ http://amzn.to/14vkpk7
5. PHANTOM LOVER ~ available in the Dark Bites compendium. http://georiot.co/2DiU
6. A DARK-HUNTER CHRISTMAS ~ available in the Dark Bites compendium. http://georiot.co/2DiU
7. DANCE WITH THE DEVIL ~ http://amzn.to/1fc574U
8. KISS OF THE NIGHT ~ http://amzn.to/12BCED0
9. NIGHT PLAY ~ http://amzn.to/15a2H80
10. WINTERBORN ~ available in the Dark Bites compendium. http://georiot.co/2DiU
11. SEIZE THE NIGHT ~ http://amzn.to/1dG0fHb
12. SINS OF THE NIGHT ~ http://amzn.to/1dfrJ7U
13. UNLEASH THE NIGHT ~ http://amzn.to/159TLso
14. DARK SIDE OF THE MOON ~ http://amzn.to/17W2u4B
15. A HARD DAY’S NIGHT SEARCHER ~ available in the Dark Bites compendium. http://georiot.co/2DiU
16. UNTIL DEATH DO WE PART ~ available in the Dark Bites compendium. http://georiot.co/2DiU
17. THE DREAM HUNTER ~ http://amzn.to/1c6QVug
18. FEAR THE DARKNESS ~ available in the Dark Bites compendium. http://georiot.co/2DiU
19. DEVIL MAY CRY ~ http://amzn.to/16IW0XJ
20. UPON THE MIDNIGHT CLEAR ~ http://amzn.to/1dfsCxx
21. DREAM CHASER ~ http://amzn.to/14vlYhR
22. ACHERON ~ http://amzn.to/12BCeN5
23. WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD ~ available in the Dark Bites compendium. http://georiot.co/2DiU
24. SHADOW OF THE MOON ~ available in the Dark Bites compendium. http://georiot.co/2DiU
25. ONE SILENT NIGHT ~ http://amzn.to/19T3ADG
26. DREAM WARRIOR ~ http://amzn.to/1c6S4C0
27. BAD MOON RISING ~ http://amzn.to/1dG1Qg8
28. NO MERCY ~ http://amzn.to/17VZHs9
29. RETRIBUTION ~ http://amzn.to/14vgQtZ
30. THE GUARDIAN ~ http://amzn.to/1dFZ1M5
31. TIME UNTIME ~ http://amzn.to/141dgUU
32. STYXX by Sherrilyn Kenyon ~ http://amzn.to/1d3CtWU
33. DARK BITES ~ http://georiot.co/2DiU
34. SON OF NO ONE ~ http://georiot.co/3Ha
35. DRAGONBANE ~ http://amzn.to/1H8NVNF
✦Check out our favorite Sherrilyn Kenyon Quotes: http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-iI
✦You can also check out an interview we did with Kenyon http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-1n4
INTERVIEW (originally posted June 20, 2014) posted with our “Born of Fury” review. It includes some info about “Son of No One.”
ABOUT SHERRILYN KENYON
The #1 New York Times bestselling author, Sherrilyn Kenyon, who is proud of her mixed Cherokee heritage, lives a life of extraordinary danger… as does any woman with three sons, a husband, a menagerie of pets and a collection of swords that all of the above have a major fixation with. But when not running interference (or dashing off to the emergency room), she’s found chained to her computer where she likes to play with all her imaginary friends. With more than twenty-five million copies of her books in print, in over one hundred countries, she certainly has a lot of friends to play with too.
In the last few years, she has placed more than 65 novels on the New York Times list in all formats including manga. This extraordinary bestseller continues to top every genre she writes. Her current series include: The Dark-Hunters, The League, and Chronicles of Nick.
Her Lords of Avalon novels have been adapted by Marvel, her Dark-Hunter novels are a New York Times bestselling manga published by St. Martins. and the Chronicles of Nick manga are published by Yen Press. Chronicles and Nick and Dark-Hunter are soon to be a major motion picture and the Dark-Hunters are currently being developed as a television series.
Join her and her Menyons online at SherrilynKenyon.com and http://www.facebook.com/AuthorSherrilynKenyon